- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped*
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower, sliced*
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped*
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (4 oz.)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oregon hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- *frozen vegetables can be used – be sure to thoroughly drain them before use.
1. Pre-cook broccoli and cauliflower until almost tender (about 5 minutes.) Drain well.
2. Combine broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, onion, green pepper and cheese. Divide into two well-greased 8-inch pie pans. Top with Oregon hazelnuts. Beat together milk, baking mix, eggs, garlic and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture.
3. Bake at 400 for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This dish provides a unique blend of vitamins and minerals by incorporating vegetables and nuts. Round out your meal with a cup of nonfat milk to get that protein and dairy component that the DASH Diet enthusiast loves!