- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce or fruit puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (raw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup raisins or golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly.
3. Stir dry ingredients together.
4. Blend dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir in raisins and carrots.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Store in airtight container.
Layer pudding and mixed berries or slices of banana to make a healthful fruit parfait that still fits into the DASH guidelines.