- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until desired consistency (more time for smooth dip, less for a chunky dip)
2. If hummus seems too thick, add 2 teaspoons of water. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
1. Spread garbanzo beans on a large plate. Mash well with a fork until they are as smooth as you like.
2. Mix with other ingredients in a small bowl.
3. If hummus seems too thick, add 2 teaspoons of water. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This hummus is a tasty version of everyone’s favorite snack, just with yogurt instead of tahini. With a dip this good, eating more vegetables is an easy task. Just chop up some bell peppers, celery or carrot sticks and dip away! You can always experiment with the flavor by adding chili powder, fresh chopped cilantro or parsley or even a low sodium hot sauce.