- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ¾ cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine eggs, pumpkin, milk and oil in large mixing bowl.
2. Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to egg mixture. Stir gently.
3. Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
4. Using a ¼ cup measure, pour batter on hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to burst, flip over, then cook until golden brown.
Optional: Put a face on the jack-o-lantern, using raisins for eyes and teeth (drop in batter while it cooks).
Replace the vegetable oil with applesauce to cut calories, and use whole-wheat flour instead of white flour to add fiber, vitamins, and minerals.