- FOR SPICY MANGO TOPPER:
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- FOR JERK CHICKEN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 1 lime, halved
1. Stir together mango, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle on both sides with jerk seasoning and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Cook on a well oiled grill over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and squeeze lime halves over chicken. Serve with mango topper.
Prep Time: 30 minutes (including 10 minutes stand time)
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
June is National Mango Month and National Dairy Month! For a terrific DASH dessert after this zesty meal, serve some creamy lowfat vanilla yogurt topped with chunks of fresh, juicy mango.