- 1 (18-oz) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds (plus more for top)
- For Icing:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a 10-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and juice for 3 minutes on medium. Stir in poppy seeds. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. In a small bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice to make a thick glaze. Drizzle over cake, allowing some to run down sides. Sprinkle cake with poppy seeds.