- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 slices day-old whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cooked vegetables, chopped (such as broccoli, corn, bell peppers, and onions, or leftovers)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cheese and salt until thoroughly combined.
3. Soak the cubed bread in the egg mixture and stir until just combined (you don’t want to over mix the bread or it will break apart).
4. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden.
6. Serve warm.
This recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish.