2 Gala apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Coat a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Place hot milk mixture, apple, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until oats are tender.
3. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; top with maple syrup and hazelnuts.
Sarah Carter is a health coach and dash diet advocate. Once Struggling with weight and hypertension, she turned to the dash diet which helped her to keep her hypertension in check and helped her keeping active and healthy lifestyle. She now actively blogs and coaches clients in discovering a new and healthy eating lifestyle.
Discover The Exact Recipes I Used To Naturally Reduce My High Blood Pressure. 100% FREE! Subscribe To The Dash Diet Recipe Newsletter!
DASH Diet PDF
We Hate Spam. Your Information is Safe!
Find us on Facebook
About The Dash Diet
We're committed to bringing you the best in health and helping you discover the wonderful world of the DASH diet. If you're looking to control your blood pressure, hypertension, or just looking to get into great health, we're here to help.
- Increase intake of fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Keep fat at low levels (7-8% of total calories), especially saturated fat
- Keep sodium at low to moderate levels (2400-3000mg/day)