- 1 pound fresh or frozen salmon, swordfish, or halibut steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lime wedges
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish steaks; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving size pieces, if necessary. For marinade, in a shallow dish combine lime juice, oregano, oil, lemon-pepper seasoning, and garlic. Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours, turning steaks occasionally. Drain fish, reserving marinade.
2. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking. Discard any remaining marinade. Before serving, squeeze the juice from one lime wedge over each steak.
3. Makes 4 servings