- 5 oz can light tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped green onion tops
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked pasta (from 2 oz dry)
- 1 tablespoon fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- black pepper
1. In a large bowl toss tuna with oil, vinegar, onion, arugula and cooked pasta.
2. Divide on two plates and top with parmesan and pepper.
3. Serve immediately.
Look for tuna that has less than 200 mg sodium per serving. Substitute spring greens for the arugula, if you prefer. Try this recipe with different shapes of pasta (such as bowtie or shell) or whole grain pasta. Serve with a cup of low-sodium soup, a piece of fruit and a glass of milk for a well-balanced meal.