- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Soft pita breads, warmed (optional)
- Tomato Relish (optional)
1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a bowl. In a small bowl stir together yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, cinnamon, curry powder, salt, and crushed red pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat broiler. On 6 long metal skewers, thread chicken, sweet pepper, and squash, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. If desired, serve with pita bread and Tomato Relish. Makes 6 servings.
3. Tomato Relish: Combine 2 roma tomatoes, chopped; 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved; 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano; 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme; 1 teaspoon honey; and 1 clove garlic, minced. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cover; chill up to 4