- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mint
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add rice and bring to a simmer; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in peas and return to a simmer over high heat.
2. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the peas are hot and the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in scallions, feta, mint and pepper.
3. Cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.