- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine egg, milk, sugar, oil, carrots, raisins, walnuts, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir gently until flour is just moistened. Gently fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
The nutrient-rich ingredients make these muffins a nutrition powerhouse. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a fat-free latte for added protein and calcium.