- 2 cups low fat or nonfat milk
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup honey or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup dried currants, chopped dried apricots, or fresh berries
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly.
2. Bring the milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa and return to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes).
4. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes.
This one-dish breakfast is gluten free and a great source of protein and calcium. Add extra milk for a thinner consistency and extra calcium!