- 1 2- to 2-1/2- pound boneless pork loin roast (single loin)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple-flavored syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 to 24 tiny new potatoes
- 16 ounces packaged, peeled baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Trim fat. combine mustard, syrup, sage, peel, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper; spoon onto meat.
2. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into center. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, peel a strip of skin from potatoes. Cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 5 minutes.
4. Drain vegetables; toss with oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place in pan around meat. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until thermometer registers 155 degree F.
5. Remove from oven; cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes. (The temperature of the meat will rise 5 degree F.) Makes 8 servings.