- 2 1/2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine rice cereal, oatmeal, and raisins in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wooden spoon.
2. In a 1-quart saucepan, mix together brown sugar and corn syrup. Turn the heat to medium-high. Stir constantly while the mixture is brought to a boil. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat.
3. Stir the peanut butter and vanilla into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and raisins in the mixing bowl. Mix well.
5. Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Let cool completely and cut into 18 bars.
Pack with a 1 cup container of yogurt and a piece of fruit to make it a portable meal.