- 4 Tbsp butter (we used Earth Balance Buttery Sticks to keep it vegan)
- 1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 7 large bars of Shredded Wheat, crumbled (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips, melted
- Coarse sea salt
1. Line and 8-inch pie pan or 8×8 baking pan with foil. Set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Stir to combine and cook until completely smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
2. Add crumbled shredded wheat and mix until cereal is completely coated in peanut butter mixture. Pour into foil-lined pan and pat down with a spatula until level and smooth. Spread top with remaining 1/3 cup of peanut butter.
3. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or in the microwave in 10-20 second intervals, stirring until completely melted. Be careful not to burn chocolate! Smooth over peanut butter layer, swirling if desired. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of coarse sea salt. Chill for about 2 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares and enjoy!