- 12 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 oz. (2-inch-thick slice) pound cake
- 1/4 cup mascarpone (an Italian triple cream cheese)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1. Puree frozen raspberries with half the sugar.
2. Slice the cake and cut it into 1/2-inch cubes. Divide among 4 lowball, wine, or martini glasses, or toss into small bowls. Top with equal amounts of the puree.
3. Gently blend the mascarpone with the vanilla extract and remaining sugar. Fold in the whipped cream and put a scoop of this mixture into each glass. Finish with fresh berries and serve immediately or chill for up to 4 hours.