- 4 cups sweetened oat square cereal or brown sugar-flavored oat biscuit cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup dried cherries and/or light raisins
1. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine cereal and almonds. In a small bowl stir together melted butter, apple pie spice, and salt. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
2. Bake in a 300 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring once during baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Stir in dried cherries. Cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week. Makes 20 servings (5 cups).