- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each sugar, garlic powder, rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (12 ounces) broken spaghetti
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
1. Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet.) Drain fat.
2. Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices; bring to a boil.
3. Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
4. When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
This recipe is a good source of calcium, which keeps bones and teeth strong. DASH it up by adding frozen peas or chopped spinach. Be sure to pour a cold glass of milk with dinner.