- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts or one 10-ounce package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 3 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cut Brussels sprouts in half. In a medium saucepan combine sprouts and carrots. In covered medium saucepan cook in a small amount of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Return all of the vegetables to pan.
2. In a small bowl stir together the orange juice, cornstarch, sugar, nutmeg (if desired), and salt. Add to Brussels sprouts and carrots. Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve immediately. Makes 4 side-dish servings.