- 1 pound penne or elbow-shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), stem ends snapped off and spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small cherry tomatoes (about 24), halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente, tender but still firm.
2. Meanwhile, heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add carrots; cook 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add asparagus; cover; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; add sweet peppers; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and half-and-half. Stir in 1/4 cup pasta water.
3. Drain pasta; transfer to bowl.
4. Pour sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan; toss. Serve.