- 6 cups water
- 1 pound pasta
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté about 4 minutes.
3. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings. Continue to cook another 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Serve over pasta.
6. Top with Swiss cheese.
All the vegetables in this recipe will surely help you meet your DASH goals. Try using half whole wheat and half regular pasta or a whole wheat blend pasta for even more nutrients. Enjoy fresh fruit and yogurt for dessert.