- 2 ripe pears, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts (1 ½ pounds), halved, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
- ⅓ cup raisins (optional)
1. Peel and core 1 pear; puree and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, garlic, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent.
3. Add chicken, and continue to sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add pureed pear, coconut milk, and raisins. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Core and cut remaining pear into ½-inch cubes and add to curry. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
Serve over Basmati or brown rice and with a simple, steamed vegetable like green beans to round out the meal. Don’t forget to add a glass of cold milk to tame the flames of the spicy curry sauce.