- ¾ cup regular oats
- 1/3 packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed (peeled or unpeeled) pears (2 large)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- REMAINING INGREDIENT:
- 1 unbaked 9-in deep-dish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare streusel, combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. To prepare filling, combine pear, cranberries, 2/3 cup brown sugar, and corn starch in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Spoon pear mixture into pastry shell; sprinkle streusel over pear mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly and streusel is browned. Cool at least 1 hour on a wire rack.
This seasonal treat is chalk full of flavor and nutrition with heart-healthy whole grain oats, antioxidant-rich cranberries and leaving the pear skins on will provide you will a healthy dose of fiber, too!