- 4 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese (try cheddar or jack)
- 1 cup pear cubes (fresh or canned/drained)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green or red peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced onion (green, red, or yellow)
1. Lay two tortillas on a clean cutting board or on two plates.
2. Place 1/4 of the cheese on each tortilla.
3. Divide pears, peppers, and onion between the two tortillas.
4. Divide the remaining cheese between the two tortillas. Top with remaining two tortillas.
5. Heat a pan or griddle to medium. Place one quesadilla in pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until bottom of quesadilla begins to look a little brown.
6. With large spatula, gently turn quesadilla over and cook the other side until a little brown, 2-4 minutes.
7. Gently slide quesadilla onto plate. Cook the second quesadilla.
8. Cut each cooked quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve.
9. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
For variety, try apples or other fruit in your quesadilla instead of pears. Also, make this a meal with some roasted veggies and a glass of low-fat milk.