- 6 ounces dried penne, ziti, elbow macaroni, or other short pasta
- 8 ounces fresh Italian green beans, trimmed and bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces or one 9-ounce package frozen Italian green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn radicchio or 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, cleaned, trimmed, and shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (2 ounces)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding fresh green beans to pasta the last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking. (Or, add frozen and thawed beans the last 3 to 4 minutes.) Rinse pasta and beans well under cold running water; drain thoroughly.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine Italian dressing, tarragon, and pepper. Add pasta, beans, and radicchio or cabbage; toss gently to coat. Serve on a bed of shredded spinach and top with the Gorgonzola cheese. Makes 8 side-dish servings.