- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Use a dry or damp cloth to clean mushrooms. Remove stems by twisting gently.
2. Divide pesto evenly between 2 mushroom caps.
3. Top with diced tomato and shredded cheese.
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 400 F.
To complete this meal, consider adding a serving of whole grains, such as ½ cup cooked quinoa, rice, or millet. Unlike rice, millet, or wheat, quinoa is a complete protein that supplies all of the amino acids your body needs.