- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3-oz) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 5 limes, halved, pulp scooped out and discarded, and rind halves reserved
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or basil seeds
1. In a bowl, add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Transfer the gelatin to a blender. Add the strawberries and cold water and blend until liquefied. Refrigerate until thickened (approximately 1½ hours).
2. Skim off any foam that has risen to the top of the gelatin mixture and stir to evenly distribute the strawberry puree. Spoon into the lime rind halves. Refrigerate until firm (approximately 3 hours).
3. Carefully halve the gelatin-filled lime rinds again. Sprinkle with the seeds and serve.