- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 15-ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini beans) or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free or light dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend or other salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil, crushed
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Fresh oregano or basil leaves (optional)
- Assorted vegetable dippers
1. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine beans, sour cream, the 3 tablespoons pine nuts, the seasoning blend, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Add bread crumb mixture. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Stir in chopped or dried oregano or basil. Cover and chill for 2 hours to blend flavors.
3. If desired, sprinkle with additional pine nuts and garnish with basil or oregano leaves. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers.
Prepare as directed through Step 2, except chill for up to 24 hours. Serve as directed in Step 3.