- 2 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- ½ cup grated reduced sodium mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pizza or tomato sauce
- Veggies of choice: mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, etc
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Split the pita bread halfway around the edge and spoon in the cheese, tomato sauce, and any toppings.
2. Wrap the pita in aluminum foil and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Pair this meal with fresh salad greens topped with walnuts, sliced pears, and light vinaigrette.