- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup plain or vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Crushed ice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Puree until completely smooth.
3. Serve immediately.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This smoothie is packed with potassium, calcium, vitamin A and C and can be a great afternoon snack when you pair it with a serving of nuts or whole-grain crackers. Consider squeezing your own orange juice and substituting different fruits (especially for ones that are in season) to make this recipe your own. Try pears instead of bananas.