- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¹⁄³ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
1. In a 12-inch, ovenproof frying pan (or cast-iron skillet), cook bacon over medium-low until crispy. Place on a paper towel–lined plate. When cool, crumble into ¼-inch pieces; set aside.
2. In same pan, leave 2 Tbsp bacon fat, reserving rest in a small bowl. Cook potato in bacon fat over medium-high until browned and tender, 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper; add reserved bacon and potatoes.
4. Preheat oven to broil, placing a rack 6 inches from heat.
5. Heat reserved bacon fat in pan over medium. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and cook 6 minutes. Drop in small amounts of sour cream. Top with cheese.
6. Broil for 2 minutes, until eggs are set. Sprinkle with scallions.