- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, or chervil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn fresh spinach
- 1 recipe Red Pepper Relish (see recipe)
1. Coat an 10-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl combine the eggs, chives, salt, and cayenne pepper. Use rotary beater or wire whisk to beat until frothy. Pour into prepared skillet. Immediately begin stirring the eggs gently but continuously with a wooden or plastic spatula until mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or until egg is set but shiny.
3. When egg is set but still shiny, sprinkle with cheese. Top with 1 cup of the spinach and 1/4 cup of the Red Pepper Relish. With a spatula, lift and fold one side of omelet partially over filling. Arrange remaining spinach on warm platter. Transfer omelet to platter. Top with remaining relish. Makes 4 servings.
Red Pepper Relish
In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup chopped red sweet pepper, 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion or onion, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.