- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley washed and chopped (thick stems removed)
- 4 Persian cucumbers, peeled in strips, seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 ripe, but slightly firm avocado diced
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small saucepan bring water and salt to a boil.
2. Stir in quinoa, cover and lower the heat to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
3. Put quinoa into a medium size mixing bowl and cool.
4. Add parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado and oil to quinoa.
5. Mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.