- 2 cups purchased pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated or frozen cheese- or meat-filled ravioli
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. In a 10-inch skillet combine pasta sauce and the water. Bring to boiling; stir in ravioli. Reduce heat. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until ravioli are nearly tender, stirring once to prevent sticking.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, and the 1/4 cup Romano cheese. Top ravioli with spinach. Spoon ricotta mixture on top of spinach. Cook, covered, over low heat about 10 minutes or until ricotta layer is set and ravioli are tender. Sprinkle each serving with additional Romano cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.