- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-1/4 pounds shelled and deveined large (18-21) shrimp
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares, 36 pieces
- 36 fresh pineapple cubes
- 12 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
1. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high for direct grilling.
2. In a small pot, combine the pineapple and lime juices, soy sauce, stevia, chile sauce, and ginger. Cook over medium-high heat and reduced to 1/2 cup, 5-6 minutes. Pour the sauce into a small serving bowl and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, to assemble the skewers, bend a shrimp into a “C” and push it to the bottom of a skewer. Add a pepper square, then a pineapple chunk, threading it through the 3/4-inch side. To fill the skewer, repeat 2 more times. Make 11 more skewers. Coat the skewers with cooking spray.
4. Brush the grill with oil. Arrange the skewers on the grill, perpendicular to the grate. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more. Keep turning the skewers every minute to avoid charring, 7-8 minutes in total, or until the shrimp are white in the center. Place the kebabs on a serving platter and brush on both sides with some of the sauce. Serve immediately, passing the remaining sauce in a small pitcher.