- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups uncooked, old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
2. Warm oil and honey in a skillet for one minute over medium heat. Add powdered milk and vanilla.
3. Stir in oats and sunflower seeds, and mix until coated with oil and honey mixture. Heat over medium heat. Stir until oatmeal is slightly brown.
4. Take off heat. Stir in raisins. Pour granola onto lined baking sheet. Spread evenly over baking sheet.
5. Cool mixture. Store in an airtight container (jar or plastic bag).
Make it a parfait! Serve granola atop low-fat plain yogurt with fresh fruit to add more calcium and fiber.