- 1 1- to 1.5-ounce envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 medium yellow or green sweet pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small zucchini, bias-sliced
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
1. For marinade, in a medium mixing bowl combine fajita mix, water, and oil. Add chicken to marinade. Stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat. Add sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
3. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to skillet. (If necessary, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil during cooking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir together salsa and chili powder. Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with warm tortillas and cheese, if desired. (To heat tortillas, wrap in microwave-safe paper towels; micro-cook on high power for 30 seconds). Makes 4 servings.