- 8 corn tortillas, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked black or pinto beans
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 tomato, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray or oil. Arrange 5 tortilla halves to cover the bottom of the pan. Top with 1/3 cup each of the cheese, corn and beans. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions. Arrange another 5 tortilla halves on top to cover and top with 1/3 cup cheese, the remaining corn, beans and green onions. Arrange the last 5 tortilla halves over the top to cover.
3. In a medium bowl add eggs, milk and chili powder; whisk to combine. Stir in the green chilies. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the tortillas evenly. Top with tomato slices and the remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
4. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve warm with salsa.
This warm and cheesy tortilla casserole makes a great brunch, lunch or dinner.