- 1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons trans-free margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh or cream-style corn
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to mix evenly.
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, margarine, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and green pepper. Add to the flour mixture and blend just until moistened but still slightly lumpy.
Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.