- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the water; return pasta to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, or until lightly browned. Add half of the garlic and 1/8 teaspoon of the red pepper flakes to skillet; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and wipe clean.
3. Reduce heat to low and add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Add spinach to skillet and toss until wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir spinach mixture and Parmesan cheese into pasta. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and toss gently. Serve immediately.