- cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp.paprika
- 2 tsp.salt
- 2 tsp.ground coriander
- 1 tsp.ground black pepper
- 1 tsp.garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp.cayenne pepper
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 5 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp.cooking oil
1. For spice rub, in small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, coriander, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Brush chicken with oil. Sprinkle chicken with spice rub on both sides. With fingers, gently rub in spice mixture. Arrange on two 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Refrigerate chicken for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F .
2. Bake chicken breasts, one pan at a time, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F ). (Refrigerate second pan of chicken, covered, while baking the first pan.)
3. Let chicken stand 30 minutes to cool. Individually wrap chicken breasts in waxed paper. Divide wrapped chicken among two large freezer bags, removing as much air as possible from bags. Label and freeze up to 4 months. Thaw and use for Chicken Noodle Toss with Greens, or other recipes.
4. Quick Thaw: Thaw in the microwave at 30% power (medium-low) for 4 to 5 minutes for one chicken breast, turning once. Increase time by 3 to 4 minutes for each additional chicken breast.