- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped red and/or yellow sweet pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine black beans, apricots, sweet pepper, green onion, cilantro, and garlic, In a screw-top jar combine apricot nectar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover and shake well. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
2. To serve, add spinach to black bean mixture, tossing to mix. Season to taste with salt. Makes 4 main-dish salads.