- 1 recipe Buttermilk Dressing (see recipe below)
- 8 cups torn, mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 cup cherry or pear-shaped tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steak
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
1. Arrange salad greens, carrots, sweet pepper, and tomatoes on 4 dinner plates. Set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat across the grain into thin bite-size strips.
2. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add meat. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in the center. Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
3. To serve, spoon the warm meat mixture over greens mixture. Drizzle with Buttermilk Dressing. If desired, garnish with additional tomatoes. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.