- 1 pound cherries, pitted and halved
- 4 cups peeled, pitted and sliced mixed summer stone fruits, such as nectarines, peaches and apricots
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- For the topping
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced (flaked) almonds
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark honey
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Lightly coat a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the cherries and stone fruits. Sprinkle with the flour and turbinado sugar and toss gently to mix.
To make the topping, in another bowl, combine the oats, almonds, flour, turbinado sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to blend. Stir in the oil and honey and mix until well blended.
Spread the fruit mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the oat-almond mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is lightly browned, 45-55 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.