- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups bulgur
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to boiling; add uncooked bulgur. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and pesto. Add to bulgur along with soybeans, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, green onions, the snipped parsley, and pepper. Toss gently to combine. If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs. Makes 6 (about 1 1/4-cup) servings.