- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 15 ounce can no-salt added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ ounce crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and add onion, garlic and sage; Cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in vinegar and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add broth, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Stir in beans and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Top with feta cheese and divide in 4 bowls.
Not only is this dish high in protein and fiber, it is also packed with potassium thanks to the addition of spinach. Mix it up by adding some sliced onion or substituting a different bean like garbanzo!