- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup canned, sliced beets, drained
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately.
4. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
Beets are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! If they come with the leaves still attached, beet greens can be great in a salad or sautéed (briefly) with garlic. If pineapple juice is tough to find, you can try low-fat milk or other juices!