- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Thin slices ginger root, minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup turkey, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, fresh, frozen or canned, such as celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bok choy
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add salt, ginger root, garlic, turkey and vegetables. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Reduce heat to prevent scorching. Add sugar.
2. When vegetables are tender, remove pan from heat. If vegetables are firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of water cover and cook for 2 more minutes or until tender. Serve over rice (or noodles). Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Simple stir-fry like this can be your go-to DASH meal for times when you don’t know what to make. You can use almost any combination of lean meat or fish and vegetables. When using leftovers, make sure to heat quickly and thoroughly to 165F and serve immediately to avoid over-cooking.
Serving size: 1 cup